Do you love making jewelry as a hobby? This might be a job for you!
Who We Are:
Lola Ro Jewelry specializes in making personalized necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and key-chains for our customers.
We are looking for an Assistant Jewelry Designer to join our growing creative team. You will work closely with the President of the company to develop jewelry designs and specifications for customers. You will also work on designing, modeling, packaging, shipments, social media marketing, and sales promotion. You must have strong knowledge in making both beaded and dainty necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and key-chains.
Assistant Jewelry Designer Job Duties:
- Organize, sort and arrange jewelry pieces in the right compartments.
- Design and assemble at least 15 to 20 jewelry pieces per day. It usually takes 15 to 20 minutes or less to design and assemble a jewelry piece. Sometimes the design process might involve twisting and wrapping wire.
- Photograph the jewelry in a white clean background.
- Upload photos and descriptions of the jewelry on our website and other venues such as Etsy, eBay and so on, Descriptions should include pricing, origination, and other factors to be determined.
- Model and promote the jewelry pieces on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Process orders and shipment.
- Analyze sales activity.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Jewelry Design or equivalent. This is preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- 1+ years’ experience with fashion or jewelry company preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to make simple necklaces, bracelets, and earrings with both beads and chains.
- Ability to mount and assemble charms on a necklace, bracelet or key-chain using jump rings, split rings, lobster clasp and other techniques.
- Ability to wire wrap when making earrings.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment while still being proactive, motivated, dedicated, and able to take initiative.
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience with designing, modeling, social media, mounting, packaging, and shipping jewelry
- Self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Ability to troubleshoot, be solution-oriented and take direction.
- Strong internal motivation, natural ambition, and ability to work quickly on high-level projects.
- Reliable transportation
Job Type: Part-time, Temporary, Independent contractor
- Home-based business – Silver Spring, Maryland
- Associate or commensurate experience
Job Type: Part-time, Temp work, Independent contractor
Salary: $12 to $15 per hour
- Jewelry Design: 1 plus year preferred
Wondering how to apply? Visit this link to submit an application via Upwork, our company’s chosen hiring platform. Kindly make sure to submit your work samples. If you are experiencing issues applying on Upwork, send your resume, cover letter and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org